Baseball (4-Jul-1930 13-Jul-2010)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Maury Allen. All Roads Lead to October: Boss Steinbrenner's 25-Year Reign Over the New York Yankees. Macmillan. 2001. 336pp.
Jim Caple. The Devil Wears Pinstripes: George Steinbrenner, the Satans of Swat, and the Curse of A-Rod. Penguin. 2005. 224pp.
Frank Coffey; Peter Golenbock. The Wit and Wisdom of George Steinbrenner. New American Library. 1993. 210pp.
Peter Golenbock. George: The Poor Little Rich Boy Who Built the Yankee Empire. John Wiley & Sons. 2009. 384pp.
Phil Pepe. The Ballad of Billy and George: The Tempestuous Baseball Marriage of Billy Martin and George Steinbrenner. Lyons Press. 2008. 224pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.481)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.694)
- American Lives: Sports (vol.2, pp.394-96)
- ESPN Sports Almanac 2004 (p.540)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.4, p.523)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.273)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications