Comic, Actor (1-Dec-1940 10-Dec-2005)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
James Haskins. Richard Pryor: A Man and His Madness: A Biography. New York: Beaufort Books. 1984. 227pp.
Joseph Nazel. Richard Pryor: The Man Behind the Laughter. Los Angeles, CA: Holloway House. 1981. 205pp.
Richard Pryor. Pryor Convictions: And Other Life Sentences. New York: Alfred A. Knopf. 1995. 257pp.
Fred Robbins; Dave Ragan. Richard Pryor: This Cat's Got Nine Lives!. New York: G. P. Putnam's Sons. 1982.
Jeff Rovin. Richard Pryor: Black and Blue: The Unauthorized Biography. Bantam Books. 1984. 248pp.
John A. Williams; Dennis A. Williams. If I Stop I'll Die: The Comedy and Tragedy of Richard Pryor. Thunder's Mouth Press. 1991. 234pp.
- A Pryor Love: The Life and Times of America's Comic Prophet of Race
by Hilton Als. The New Yorker, 13-Dec-1999.
- Official Website: http://www.richardpryor.com/
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.574)
- The Film Encyclopedia, 5th Edition (p.1143)
- Quinlan's Illustrated Registry of Film Stars (p.378)
- The Encyclopedia of Film (p.436)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.405)
- Celebrity Register 5th Issue (p.439)
- The Encyclopedia of Hollywood (p.326)
- The New Biographical Dictionary of Film (p.700)
- The International Who's Who 2001 (p.1249)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.590)
- The Encyclopedia of Television (vol.2, pp.1308-10)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.4, pp.126-28)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.336)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2016 Soylent Communications