Musician (23-Sep-1930 10-Jun-2004)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Ray Charles; David Ritz. Brother Ray: Ray Charles' Own Story. Da Capo Press. 2003. 368pp.
Mike Evans. Ray Charles: The "Right Time" and the Birth of Cool. Omnibus Press. 2005. 336pp.
Michael Lydon. Ray Charles: Man and Music. Routledge. 2004. 472pp.
Ray Charles, Jr., with Mary Jane Ross. You Donít Know Me: Reflections of My Father, Ray Charles. New York: Harmony Books. 2010. 276pp.
- Official Website: http://www.raycharles.com/
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.199)
- Harvard Concise Dictionary of Music and Musicians (p.128)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.134)
- Celebrity Register 3rd Issue (p.100)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.93)
- International Who's Who in Music: Popular Music (p.104)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.128)
- Encylopedia of Pop, Rock, and Soul (pp.111-12)
- DK Encyclopedia of Rock Stars (pp.173-76)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.102)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.1, p.477)
- The Encyclopedia of Country Music (p.91)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.47)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.321)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications