Playwright (10-Oct-1930 24-Dec-2008)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Michael Anderson. Anger and Detachment: A Study of Arden, Osborne, and Pinter. Pitman. 1976. 127pp.
John Russell Brown. Theatre Language: A Study of Arden, Osborne, Pinter and Wesker. Allen Lane / The Penguin Press. 1972. 260pp.
Steven H. Gale (editor). The Films of Harold Pinter. SUNY Press. 2001. 188pp.
Ann C. Hall. A Kind of Alaska: Women in the Plays of O'Neill, Pinter, and Shepard. Southern Illinois University Press. 1993. 146pp.
Arnold P. Hinchliffe. Harold Pinter. Twayne. 1967.
Leslie Kane (editor). The Art of Crime: The Plays and Film of Harold Pinter and David Mamet. Taylor and Francis/Routledge. 2004. 256pp. Essays.
Yoseph Milman. Opacity in the Writings of Robbe-Grillet, Pinter, and Zach: A Study in the Poetics of Absurd Literature. Edwin Mellen Press. 1992. 152pp.
Yael Zarhy-Levo. The Theatrical Critic as Cultural Agent: Constructing Pinter, Orton and Stoppard as Absurdist Playwrights. Peter Lang. 2001. 158pp.
- Official Website: http://www.haroldpinter.org/
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- New York Times Obituary [link]
- Washington Post Obituary [link]
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.602)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.561)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1164)
- Penguin Companion to the Arts in the Twentieth Century (p.508)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.189)
- The Film Encyclopedia, 5th Edition (p.1117)
- The Encyclopedia of Film (p.425)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.396)
- World Authors 1950-1970 (pp.1137-41)
- The New Biographical Dictionary of Film (p.683)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.806)
- The International Who's Who 2001 (p.1223)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.397)
- Britannica Almanac 2006 (p.99)
- The Reader's Encyclopedia of World Drama (p.657)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.420)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.24)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2016 Soylent Communications