Poet, Religion (1572 31-Mar-1631)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
John Carey. John Donne: Life, Mind and Art. London: Faber & Faber. 1981. 336pp.
Arthur L. Clements. Poetry of Contemplation: John Donne, George Herbert, Henry Vaughan, and the Modern Period. SUNY Press. 1990. 306pp.
Edward Le Comte. Grace to a Witty Sinner: A Life of Donne. New York: Walker. 1965.
Dennis Flynn. John Donne and the Ancient Catholic Nobility. Indiana University Press. 1995. 245pp.
John Stubbs. John Donne: The Reformed Soul. New York: W. W. Norton & Co.. 2007. 565pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.430)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.72)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.119)
- British Authors Before 1800 (pp.156-59)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.282)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.152)
- Who's Who in Europe, 1450-1750 (p.93)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (pp.152-55)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.69)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.19)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications