|Edgar Lee Masters|
Poet (23-Aug-1869 5-Mar-1950)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
August Derleth. Three Literary Men: A Memoir of Sinclair Lewis, Sherwood Anderson and Edgar Lee Masters. Candlelight Press. 1963.
Kimball Flaccus. The Vermont Background of Edgar Lee Masters. Vermont Historical Society. 1955. 44pp.
John Theodore Flanagan. Edgar Lee Masters: The Spoon River Poet and His Critics. Scarecrow Press. 1974.
John E. Hallwas; Dennis J. Reader. Vision of This Land: Studies of Vachel Lindsay, Edgar Lee Masters, & Carl Sandburg. Western Illinois University. 1976.
Hardin Wallace Masters. Edgar Lee Masters: A Biographical Sketchbook About a Famous American Author. Fairleigh Dickinson University Press. 1977. 181pp.
Ronald Primeau. Beyond Spoon River: The Legacy of Edgar Lee Masters. Austin, TX: University of Texas Press. 1981.
Frank K. Robinson. Edgar Lee Masters: An Exhibition In Commeration of the Centenary of His Birth. Austin Humanities Reseach Center, University of Texas. 1970.
Herbert K. Russell. Edgar Lee Masters: A Biography. University of Illinois Press. 2001.. 462pp.
John H. Wrenn; Margaret M. Wrenn. Edgar Lee Masters. Farmington Hills, MI: Twayne. 1983.
- Masters (Edgar Lee) papers, 1928-1946
Brown University Library
- Agnes Lee -- Edgar Lee Masters Papers, 1919-1933
- Edgar Lee Masters (1869-1950) Papers
Northwestern University Library
- Edgar Lee Masters papers, 1910-1942
Columbia University Libraries
- Edgar Lee Masters Collection of Papers, 1919-1949
New York Public Library
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.987)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.697)
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers (p.273)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.158)
- Twentieth Century Authors (p.930)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.478)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.662)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.478)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.335)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.463)
- Who's Who in Twentieth-Century World Poetry (p.211)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.10)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2016 Soylent Communications