Composer (1543 4-Jul-1623)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Alan Brown; Richard Turbet (editors). Byrd Studies. Cambridge University Press. 1992. 276pp.
Edmund H. Fellowes. William Byrd: A Short Account of His Life and Work. Oxford, England: Clarendon Press. 1923. 123pp. Also a 2nd edition in 1948 of 271pp.
John Harley. William Byrd's Modal Practice. Ashgate Publishing. 2005. 162pp.
John Harley. William Byrd: Gentleman of the Chapel Royal. Scolar Press. 1997. 480pp.
Frank Howes. William Byrd. London: K. Paul, Trench, Trubner, & Co.. 1928. 267pp.
Joseph Kerman; Davitt Moroney (editors). William Byrd and His Contemporaries: Essays and a Monograph. University of California Press. 2007. 252pp.
Joseph Kerman. The Masses and Motets of William Byrd. University of California Press. 1978. 360pp.
Richard Turbet. William Byrd: A Guide to Research. Garland. 1987. 342pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.240)
- Harvard Concise Dictionary of Music and Musicians (p.102)
- British Authors Before 1800 (p.78)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.156)
- The Oxford Dictionary of Music (p.138)
- Portable Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians (pp.55-56)
- Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians, 8th Edition (p.150)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.82)
- Atlantic: Brief Lives: A Biographical Companion to the Arts (pp.119-21)
- Who's Who in Europe, 1450-1750 (p.47)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.39)
- Encyclopedia of Concert Music (p.56)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications