Physicist (7-Nov-1878 27-Oct-1968)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Deborah Crawford. Lise Meitner: Atomic Pioneer. New York: Crown Publishing. 1969. 192pp.
Bengt Forkman. Lise Meitner: En Levnadsteckning. Hedemora, Sweden: Gidlund. 2006. 219pp.
Janet Hamilton. Lise Meitner: Pioneer of Nuclear Fission. Berkeley Heights, NJ: Enslow. 2002. 128pp.
Patricia Rife. Lise Meitner and the Dawn of the Nuclear Age. New York, NY: Springer-Verlag New York. 1983. 432pp.
Ruth Lewin Sime. Lise Meitner: A Life in Physics. Berkeley, CA: University of California Press. 1996. 526pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.504)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.471)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.999)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.405a)
- International Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.319)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.339)
- Obituaries from the Times 1961-1970 (p.543)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.326)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.344)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.154)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications