|William H. Gass|
Novelist, Essayist (born 30-Jul-1924)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Theodore G. Ammon (editor). Conversations with William H. Gass. University Press of Mississippi. 2003. 175pp.
H. L. Hix. Understanding William H. Gass. University of South Carolina Press. 2002. 160pp.
Watson L. Holloway. William Gass. Twayne. 1990. 160pp.
Larry McCaffery. The Metafictional Muse: The Works of Robert Coover, Donald Barthelme and William H. Gass. University of Pittsburgh Press. 1982. 300pp.
Arthur M. Saltzman. The Fiction of William Gass: The Consolation of Language. Southern Illinois University Press. 1986. 194pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers (p.157)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.98)
- Contemporary Novelists (pp.460-62)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.275)
- World Authors 1950-1970 (pp.537-39)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.388)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.265)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications