Composer (10-Nov-1668 12-Sep-1733)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Phillipe Beaussant. François Couperin. Portland, OR: Amadeus Press. 1990. 422pp. Language: English.
Phillipe Beaussant. François Couperin. Paris, France: Fayard. 1980. 594pp. Language: French.
Maurice Cauchie. Thematic Index of the Works of François Couperin. Monaco: The Lyrebird Press. 1949. 133pp.
Wilfrid Mellers. Couperin and the French Classical Tradition. London: Dennis Dobson. 1950. 412pp.
David Tunley. François Couperin and "The Perfection of Music". Ashgate Publishing. 2004. 180pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.352)
- Harvard Concise Dictionary of Music and Musicians (p.164)
- The Oxford Dictionary of Music (p.199)
- Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians, 8th Edition (pp.199-200)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.125)
- Atlantic: Brief Lives: A Biographical Companion to the Arts (pp.189-91)
- Who's Who in Europe, 1450-1750 (p.80)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.56)
- Encyclopedia of Concert Music (p.116)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications