|Luís de Camões|
Poet (c. 1524 10-Jun-1580)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Jean Auzanet. La vie de Camoëns. Paris: Les éditions de France. 1942. 266pp. Language: French.
Aubrey F. G. Bell. Luis de Camões. Oxford University Press. 1923. 160pp.
Sir Richard Burton. Camõens: His Life and His Lusiads. London: Bernard Quaritch. 1881. (2 vols.)
Henry Hersch Hart. Luis de Camõens and the Epic of the Lusiads. University of Oklahoma Press. 1962. 335pp.
Alfred Hower; Richard A. Preto-Rodas (editors). Empire in Transition: The Portuguese World in the Time of Camoës. University Press of Florida. 1985.
Enrique Martinez-Lopez (editor). Camoniana Californiana: Commemorating the Quadricentennial of the Death of Luis Vaz De Camoes. Bandanna Books. 1985. 266pp.
George Monteiro. The Presence of Camoës: Influences on the Literature of England, America and Southern Africa. University Press of Kentucky. 1996. 189pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.252)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.43)
- European Authors 1000-1900 (pp.142-44)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.164)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.86)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of Foreign Literature (p.43)
- Atlantic: Brief Lives: A Biographical Companion to the Arts (p.126)
- Who's Who in Europe, 1450-1750 (p.51)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.34)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications