First Lady (11-Nov-1744 28-Oct-1818)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Charles W. Akers. Abigail Adams: An American Woman. Little, Brown. 1980. 207pp.
Edith B. Gelles. Portia: The World of Abigail Adams. Bloomington, IN: Indiana University Press. 1995.
Edith B. Gelles. First Thoughts: Life and Letters of Abigail Adams. Twayne. 1998.
Phyllis Lee Levin. Abigail Adams: A Biography. St. Martin's Press. 2001.
Paul C. Nagel. Adams Women: Abigail and Louisa Adams, Their Sisters and Daughters. Oxford University Press. 1987. 324pp.
Andrew Oliver. Portraits of John and Abigail Adams. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press. 1967.
Laura E. Richards. Abigail Adams and Her Times. New York: D. Appleton. 1917.
Janet Whitney. Abigail Adams. Little, Brown & Co.. 1947. 357pp.
Lynne Withey. Dearest Friend: A Life of Abigail Adams. New York: Touchstone. 2001. 369pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers (p.3)
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.3)
- Random House Dictionary of World Biography (p.4)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.6)
- American Authors 1600-1900 (p.3)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.5)
- A Dictionary of British and American Women Writers 1660-1800 (pp.27-28)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.7)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.4)
- International Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.2)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.3)
- Northeastern Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.4)
- Oxford Companion to Women's Writing in the United States (p.8)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.2)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.355)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications