Poet (2-Oct-1879 2-Aug-1955)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Peter Brazeau. Parts of a World: Wallace Stevens Remembered. New York: Random House. 1983. 330pp.
William Burney. Wallace Stevens. Twayne. 1968. 190pp.
Margaret Dickie. Lyric Contingencies: Emily Dickinson and Wallace Stevens. University of Pennsylvania Press. 1991. 196pp.
Krystyna Mazur. Poetry and Repetition: Walt Whitman, Wallace Stevens, John Ashbery. Taylor & Francis/Routledge. 2005. 180pp.
M. Bernetta Quinn. Metamorphic Tradition in Modern Poetry: Essays on the Work of Ezra Pound, Wallace Stevens, William Carlos Williams, T. S. Eliot, Hart Crane, Randall Jarrell and William Butler Yeats. Rutgers University Press. 1955. 263pp.
Tom Quirk. Bergson and American Culture: The Worlds of Willa Cather and Wallace Stevens. University of North Carolina Press. 1990. 302pp.
Patricia Rae. The Practical Muse: Pragmatist Poetics in Hulme, Pound, and Stevens. Bucknell University Press. 1997. 320pp.
Louis A. Renza. Edgar Allan Poe, Wallace Stevens, and the Poetics of American Privacy. Louisiana State University Press. 2002. 296pp.
Sarah Riggs. Word Sightings: Poetry and Visual Media in Stevens, Bishop, and O'Hara. Routledge. 2002. 134pp.
Guy Rotella. Reading and Writing Nature: The Poetry of Robert Frost, Wallace Stevens, Marianne Moore, and Elizabeth Bishop. Northeastern University Press. 1991. 253pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.1066)
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.728)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.672)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1397)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.987)
- Penguin Companion to the Arts in the Twentieth Century (p.183)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.228)
- Twentieth Century Authors (p.1344)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.724)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.981)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.697)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.466)
- Who's Who in Twentieth-Century World Poetry (p.311)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.14)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications