Sculptor (1-Nov-1757 13-Oct-1822)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Countess Isabella Albrizzi; Count Cicognara. The Works of Antonio Canova In Sculpture and Modelling. London: Septimus Prowett. 1824. (2 vols.) Many editions exist, notably 1849, 1876, etc.
Christopher M. S. Johns. Antonio Canova and the Politics of Patronage in Revolutionary and Napoleonic Europe. Berkeley, CA: University of California Press. 1998.
Paolo Mariuz (editor). Leopoldo Cicognara ad Antonio Canova: Lettere inedite della Fondazione Canova di Possagno. Bertoncello Artigrafiche. 2000. 140pp. Language: Italian.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.257)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.88)
- Atlantic: Brief Lives: A Biographical Companion to the Arts (p.130)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.41)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.73)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications