Composer, Musician (10-Dec-1822 8-Nov-1890)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Vincent d'Indy. Translated by Rosa Newmarch. Cesar Franck. John Lane. 1922. 284pp.
Laurence Davies. César Franck and His Circle. Barrie & Jenkins. 1970. 380pp.
Michael Murray. French Masters of the Organ: Saint-Saëns, Franck, Widor, Vierne, Dupré, Langlais, Messiaen. Yale University Press. 1998. 245pp.
Rollin Smith. Toward an Authentic Interpretation of the Organ Works of César Franck. Pendragon Press. 2002. 219pp.
Rollin Smith. Playing the Organ Works of César Franck. Pendragon Press. 1997. 312pp.
Leon Vallas. Translated by Hubert Foss. Cesar Franck. Harrap. 1951. 283pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Harvard Concise Dictionary of Music and Musicians (p.240)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.539)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.365)
- The Oxford Dictionary of Music (p.316)
- Portable Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians (pp.88-89)
- Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians, 8th Edition (p.314)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.185)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.86)
- Encyclopedia of Concert Music (p.163)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.164)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications