Head of State (born 1-Oct-1924)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
W. Carl Biven. Jimmy Carter's Economy: Policy in an Age of Limits. University of North Carolina Press. 2002. 346pp.
Peter G. Bourne. Jimmy Carter: A Comprehensive Biography from Plains to Post-Presidency. New York: Scribner. 1997. 553pp.
Douglas Brinkley. The Unfinished Presidency: Jimmy Carter's Journey Beyond the White House. New York: Viking Press. 1998. 586pp.
Jimmy Carter. An Hour Before Daylight: Memories of a Rural Boyhood. New York: Simon & Schuster. 2001. 284pp.
Jimmy Carter. Turning Point: A Candidate, a State, and a Nation Come of Age. Crown. 1992. 223pp.
Jimmy Carter. Keeping Faith. New York: Bantam Books. 1982. 622pp.
Jimmy Carter. Why Not the Best?. Nashville: Broadman Press. 1975. 154pp.
Dan Ariail, Dan; Cheryl Heckler-Feltz. The Carpenter's Apprentice: The Spiritual Biography of Jimmy Carter. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan. 1996. 176pp.
John Dumbrell. The Carter Presidency: A Re-Evaluation. Manchester University Press. 1993. 223pp.
Betty Glad. Jimmy Carter: In Search of the Great White House. New York: W. W. Norton. 1980. 546pp.
Betty Glad. An Outsider in the White House: Jimmy Carter, His Advisors, and the Making of American Foreign Policy. Cornell University Press. 2009. 392pp.
Garland A. Haas. Jimmy Carter and the Politics of Frustration. Jefferson, NC: McFarland. 1992. 217pp.
Steven F. Hayward. The Real Jimmy Carter: How Our Worst Ex-President Undermines American Foreign Policy, Coddles Dictators and Created the Party of Clinton and Kerry. Washington, DC: Regnery. 2004. 262pp.
Hamilton Jordan. Crisis: The Last Year of the Carter Presidency. New York: G. P. Putnam's Sons. 1982. 431pp.
Burton I. Kaufman. The Presidency of James Earl Carter, Jr.. University Press of Kansas. 1993. 245pp.
Bruce Mazlish; Edwin Diamond. Jimmy Carter: An Interpretive Biography. New York: Simon and Schuster. 1979.
Bruce Mazlish; Edwin Diamond. Jimmy Carter: A Character Portrait. New York: Simon and Schuster. 1979. 288pp.
Deanna L. Michael. Jimmy Carter as Educational Policymaker: Equal Opportunity and Efficiency. SUNY Press. 2008. 176pp.
William Lee Miller. Yankee From Georgia: The Emergence of Jimmy Carter. New York: Times Books. 1978. 247pp.
Clark R. Mollenhoff. The President Who Failed: Carter Out of Control. Macmillan. 1980. 264pp.
Kenneth W. Stein. Heroic Diplomacy: Sadat, Kissinger, Carter, Begin and the Quest for Arab-Israeli Peace. Routledge. 1999. 324pp.
Kandy Stroud. How Jimmy Won: The Victory Campaign from Plains to the White House. New York: William Morrow. 1977. 442pp.
Hanes Walton. The Native Son Presidential Candidate: The Carter Vote in Georgia. Greenwood Publishing Group. 1992. 179pp.
James T. Wooten. Dasher: The Roots and the Rising of Jimmy Carter. New York: Summit Books. 1978. 377pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.186)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.125)
- Who's Who in America 2000 (p.760)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.269)
- Current Biography, 1971 Yearbook (pp.83-85)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.125)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.86)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.173)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.119)
- The International Who's Who 2001 (p.265)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.92)
- Britannica Almanac 2006 (p.712)
- Twentieth Century Dictionary of Christian Biography (p.88)
- Who's Who in Modern History, 1860-1980 (p.74)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.43)
- A Dictionary of 20th Century World Biography (Oxford) (p.108)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.169)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2017 Soylent Communications