Composer (28-Jun-1902 30-Dec-1979)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
William G. Hyland. Richard Rodgers. Yale University Press. 1998. 362pp.
Samuel Marx; Jan Clayton. Rodgers & Hart: Bewitched, Bothered, and Bedeviled: A Dual Biography. New York: Putnam. 1976.
Meryle Secrest. Somewhere for Me: A Biography of Richard Rodgers. Westminister, MD: Alfred A. Knopf. 2001. 457pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.947)
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.650)
- Harvard Concise Dictionary of Music and Musicians (p.568)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.603)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1254)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.886)
- The Film Encyclopedia, 5th Edition (p.1203)
- The Encyclopedia of Film (p.461)
- Who's Who in World Jewry 1965 (p.781)
- The Oxford Dictionary of Music (p.735)
- Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians, 8th Edition (p.834)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.621)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.426)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.4, pp.254-58)
- American Songwriters (pp.313-29)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.82)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications