|A. J. Ayer|
Philosopher (29-Oct-1910 27-Jun-1989)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
A. J. Ayer. Part of My life. London: Collins. 1977. 318pp.
A. J. Ayer. More of My Life. London: Collins. 1984. 224pp.
John Foster. A. J. Ayer. London: Routledge and Kegan Paul Ltd.. 1985. 298pp.
A. Phillips Griffiths (editor). A. J. Ayer: Memorial Essays. Cambridge University Press. 1991. 240pp.
Lewis Edwin Hahn (editor). The Philosophy of A. J. Ayer. Chicago, IL: Open Court. 1992. 696pp.
Graham MacDonald; Crispin Wright (editors). Fact, Science and Morality: Essays on A.J. Ayer's Language, Truth and Logic. Cornwall, England: T. J. Press. 1986. 314pp.
Ben Rogers. A. J. Ayer: A Life. London: Chatto & Windus. 1999. 358pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- One Hundred Twentieth-Century Philosophers (pp.11-14)
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.30)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.14)
- A Dictionary of 20th Century World Biography (Oxford) (p.27)
- Thinkers of the Twentieth Century (p.28)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.34)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications