|Paul Laurence Dunbar|
Poet, Author (27-Jun-1872 9-Feb-1906)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Eleanor Alexander. Lyrics of Sunshine and Shadow: The Tragic Courtship and Marriage of Paul Lawrence Dunbar and Alice Ruth Moore. New York: New York University Press. 2001. 241pp.
Felton O. Best. Crossing the Color Line: A Biography of Paul Laurence Dunbar, 1872-1906. Kendall/Hunt Publishing Company. 1996.
Benjamin Brawley. Paul Laurence Dunbar: Poet of His People. Chapel Hill, NC: University of North Carolina. 1936. 159pp.
Addison Gayle, Jr.. Oak and Ivy: A Biography of Paul Laurence Dunbar. Garden City, NY: Doubleday. 1971. 175pp.
Jay Martin (editor). A Singer in the Dawn: Reinterpretations of Paul Laurence Dunbar. New York: Dodd, Mead & Company. 1975.
E. W. Metcalf, Jr.. Paul Laurence Dunbar: A Bibliography. Metuchen, NJ: The Scarecrow Press. 1975. 193pp.
Peter Revell. Paul Laurence Dunbar. Twayne. 1979. 197pp.
Roger Whitlow. Many Yankee Faces: Aspects of Modern Writing in the Work of Ernest Hemingway, Henry James, Paul Laurence Dunbar, Erskine Caldwell: With a Supplement. Dodd, Mead. 1975.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.194)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.448)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.296)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.76)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.214)
- American Authors 1600-1900 (p.232)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.297)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.205)
- 100 Greatest African Americans: A Biographical Encyclopedia (pp.118-19)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.251)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.72)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.5)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications