|Jean le Rond d'Alembert|
Mathematician, Physicist (17-Nov-1717 29-Oct-1783)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Joseph Bertrand. D'Alembert. Paris, France: Hachette. 1889. 207pp. Language: French.
Ronald Grimsley. Jean D'Alembert, 1717-83. Oxford: Clarendon Press. 1963. 316pp.
Thomas L. Hankins. Jean D'Alembert: Science and the Enlightenment. Taylor & Francis. 1990. 260pp.
John Nicholas Pappas. Voltaire and D'Alembert. Indiana University Press. 1962. 183pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.27)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.8)
- European Authors 1000-1900 (p.16)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.13)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.150a)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientific Biography (p.160)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of Foreign Literature (p.3)
- Biographical Dictionary of Psychology (p.7)
- Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians, 8th Edition (p.12)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.6)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications