|E. L. Doctorow|
Novelist (6-Jan-1931 21-Jul-2015)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Douglas Fowler. Understanding E. L. Doctorow. University of South Carolina Press. 1992. 174pp.
Stephen Harris. The Fiction of Gore Vidal and E. L. Doctorow: Writing the Historical Self. Pieterlen, Switzerland: Peter Lang. 2002.
Paul Levine. E. L. Doctorow. New York: Methuen. 1985.
Christopher D. Morris. Models of Misrepresentation: On the Fiction of E. L. Doctorow. University Press of Mississippi. 1991.
John G. Parks. E. L. Doctorow. New York: Continuum. 1991.
Michelle M. Tokarczyk. E. L. Doctorow's Skeptical Commitment. Peter Lang. 2000. 194pp.
Michelle M. Tokarczyk. E. L. Doctorow: An Annotated Bibliography. New York: Garland. 1988.
Richard Trenner (editor). E. L. Doctorow: Essays & Conversations. Princeton, NJ: Ontario Review Press. 1983. 216pp.
John Williams. Fiction as False Document: The Reception of E. L. Doctorow in the Postmodern Age. Boydell & Brewer, Ltd.. 1996. 180pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- New York Times Obituary [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.184)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.425)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.71)
- World Authors 1970-1975 (pp.206-09)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.206)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.139)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.278)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.193)
- Public Intellectuals: A Study in Decline (p.196)
- The International Who's Who 2001 (p.409)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.151)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.1, p.740)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.68)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.4)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2016 Soylent Communications