Poet, Playwright (7-May-1892 20-Apr-1982)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Warren V. Bush (editor). The Dialogues of Archibald MacLeish and Mark Van Doran. New York: E. P. Dutton. 1964. 286pp.
Scott Donaldson; with R. H. Winnick. Archibald MacLeish: An American Life. Boston: Houghton Mifflin. 1992. 622pp.
Bernard A. Drabeck; Helen E. Ellis. Archibald MacLeish: Reflections. University of Massachusetts Press. 1986. 291pp.
Bernard A. Drabeck; Helen E. Ellis; Margaret E. C. Howland. Archibald Macleish: A Selectively Annotated Bibliography. Lanham, MD: Scarecrow Press. 1995. 372pp.
Bernard A. Drabeck (editor). The Proceedings of the Archibald MacLeish Symposium. Blue Ridge Summit, PA: University Press of America. 1988. 160pp. Symposium held May 7-8, 1982.
Signi Lenea Falk. Archibald MacLeish. Twayne. 1965. 189pp.
William H. MacLeish. Uphill with Archie: A Son's Journey. New York, NY: Simon & Schuster Trade. 2001.
Edward J. Mullaly. Archibald MacLeish: A Checklist. Kent, OH: Kent State University Press. 1973.
R. H. Winnick (editor). Letters of Archibald MacLeish, 1907-1982. Boston, MA: Houghton Mifflin. 1983. 471pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.444)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.945)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.677)
- Penguin Companion to the Arts in the Twentieth Century (p.139)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.152)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.319)
- Twentieth Century Authors (p.886)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.460)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.631)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.465)
- Biographical Dictionary of the Left (vol.1, p.431)
- Who's Who in Twentieth-Century World Poetry (p.201)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.10)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications