|Roger Brooke Taney|
Judge (17-Mar-1777 12-Oct-1864)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Walker Lewis. Without Fear or Favor: A Biography of Chief Justice Roger Brooke Taney. Boston: Houghton Mifflin. 1965. 556pp.
Nicholas Murray (editor). Romanism at Home: Letters to the Hon. Roger B. Taney. New York: Harper & Brothers. 1852. 272pp.
Alvin J. Schumacher. Thunder on Capitol Hill: The Life of Chief Justice Roger B. Taney. Milwaukee Bruce Publishing Co.. 1964. 160pp.
James F. Simon. Lincoln and Chief Justice Taney: Slavery, Secession, and the President's War Powers. Simon and Schuster. 2006. 324pp.
Charles W. Smith. Roger B. Taney: Jacksonian Jurist. Chapel Hill, NC: University of North Carolina Press. 1936. 239pp. Contents 26 anti-papist letters.
Bernard Christian Steiner. Life of Roger Brooke Taney, Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court. Westport, CT: Greenwood Press Reprint. 1971. 553pp.
Carl Brent Swisher. Roger B. Taney. New York: Macmillan. 1935. 608pp.
Samuel Tyler. Memoir of Roger Brooke Taney. Baltimore, MD: John Murphy. 1872. 659pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.1099)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1431)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.1017)
- The Catholic Encyclopedia (vol.14, pp.442-43)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.717)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.1042)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.186)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2016 Soylent Communications