Government (11-Apr-1893 12-Oct-1971)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Dean Acheson. Present at the Creation: My Years in the State Department. New York: W. W. Norton. 1969. 798pp.
Robert L. Beisner. Dean Acheson: A Life in the Cold War. Oxford University Press. 2006. 800pp.
Douglas G. Brinkley. Dean Acheson: The Cold War Years, 1953-71. Yale University Press. 1992. 429pp.
Douglas G. Brinkley (editor). Dean Acheson and the Making of U. S. Foreign Policy. Palgrave Macmillan. 1993. 271pp.
James Chace. Acheson: The Secretary of State Who Created the American World. New York, NY: Simon & Schuster. 1998. 512pp.
John Lamberton Harper. American Visions of Europe: Franklin D. Roosevelt, George F. Kennan, and Dean G. Acheson. Cambridge University Press. 1994. 378pp.
Ronald L. McGlothlen. Controlling Waves: Dean Acheson and U. S. Foreign Policy in Asia. New York: W. W. Norton. 1993. 320pp.
David S. McLellan; David C. Acheson (editors). Among Friends: Personal Letters of Dean Acheson. New York: Dodd, Mead & Co.. 1980. 350pp.
David S. McLellan. Dean Acheson: The State Department Years. New York: Dodd, Mead & Company. 1976.
Gaddis Smith. Dean Acheson. New York: Cooper Square Publishers. 1972. 473pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Celebrity Register 2nd Issue (p.2)
- Random House Dictionary of World Biography (p.3)
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.2)
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.2)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.5)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.7)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.5)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.3)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.3)
- International Who's Who 1960 (p.5)
- Who's Who in Modern History, 1860-1980 (p.18)
- Biographical Dictionary of the Left (vol.1, p.206)
- The Biographical Dictionary of World War II (p.3)
- Biographical Directory of the United States Executive Branch, 1774-1971 (p.3)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.2)
- A Dictionary of 20th Century World Biography (Oxford) (p.2)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.165)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications