Explorer (24-Dec-1809 23-May-1868)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Buffalo Bill. The History of the Wild West: Being the Complete Life and Thrilling Adventures of the Great Pioneer Heros Daniel Boone, Davy Crockett and Kit Carson. John R. Stanton. 1901. 400pp.
Thelma S. Guild; Harvey L. Carter. Kit Carson: A Pattern for Heroes. University of Nebraska Press. 1984. 284pp.
David Roberts. A Newer World: Kit Carson, John C. Fremont, and the Claiming of the American West. New York: Simon and Schuster. 2000. 320pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.267)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.180)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.125)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.173)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.119)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.92)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.147)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.43)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.158)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications