|King Henry VIII|
Royalty (28-Jun-1491 28-Jan-1547)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
John Bowle. Henry VIII: A Biography. Little, Brown. 1964. 316pp.
G. R. Elton. The Tudor Revolution in Government: Administrative Changes in the Reign of Henry VIII. Cambridge University Press. 1953. 465pp.
Carolly Erickson. Great Harry: The Extravagent Life of Henry VIII. New York: Summit Books. 1980. 428pp.
Karen Lindsey. Divorced, Beheaded, Survived: A Feminist Reinterpretation of the Wives of Henry VIII. Boston: Addison-Wesley Longman. 1994. 231pp.
Diarmaid MacCulloch (editor). The Reign of Henry VIII: Politics, Policy, and Piety. Macmillan. 1995. 313pp.
Beverley A. Murphy. Bastard Prince: Henry VIII's Lost Son. Stroud, Gloucestershire: Sutton Publishing. 2001.
Kenneth Pickthorn. Early Tudor Government: Henry VIII. Cambridge University Press. 1951. 564pp.
Jasper Godwin Ridley. Henry VIII: The Politics of Tyranny. Viking Press. 1985. 473pp.
Alison Weir. Henry VIII: The King and His Court. New York: Ballantine Books. 2001.
Neville Williams. Henry VIII and His Court. New York: MacMillan. 1971. 269pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.696)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.186)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.462)
- The Oxford Dictionary of Music (p.399)
- Harper Encyclopedia of Military Biography (p.328)
- Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians, 8th Edition (p.416)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.231)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.291)
- Who's Who in Europe, 1450-1750 (p.146)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications