|James Clerk Maxwell|
Physicist (13-Jun-1831 5-Nov-1879)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Lewis Campbell; William Garnett. The Life of James Clerk Maxwell: With Selections from His Correspondence and Occasional Writings. London: Macmillan. 1884. 421pp.
C. W. Francis Everitt. James Clerk Maxwell: Physicist and Natural Philosopher. Scribner. 1975. 205pp.
R. T. Glazebrook. James Clerk Maxwell and Modern Physics. New York: Macmillan. 1896. 224pp.
P. M. Harman. The Natural Philosophy of James Clerk Maxwell. Cambridge University Press. 2001. 232pp.
John Hendry. James Clerk Maxwell and the Theory of the Electromagnetic Field. Bristol and Boston: Adam Hilger. 1986. 305pp.
Bruce J. Hunt. The Maxwellians. Cornell University Press. 2005. 280pp. The fashioning of Maxwell's ideas into its present state.
Daniel M. Siegel. Innovation in Maxwell's Electromagnetic Theory: Molecular Vortices, Displacement Current, and Light. Cambridge University Press. 2003. 237pp.
Ivan Tolstoy. James Clerk Maxwell: A Biography. University of Chicago Press. 1982. 184pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.993)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.267)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.337)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.323)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.340)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.139)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.301)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications