Head of State (18-Mar-1837 24-Jun-1908)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Alyn Brodsky. Grover Cleveland: A Study in Character. New York: St. Martin's Press. 2000.
J. Rogers Hollingsworth. The Whirligig of Politics: The Democracy of Cleveland and Bryan. University of Chicago Press. 1963. 263pp.
H. Paul Jeffers. An Honest President: The Life and Presidencies of Grover Cleveland. William Morrow. 2000. 384pp.
Horace Samuel Merrill. Bourbon Leader: Grover Cleveland and the Democratic Party. Boston: Little, Brown. 1957. 224pp.
Allan Nevins. Grover Cleveland: A Study in Courage. New York: Dodd, Mead & Co.. 1932. 832pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.213)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.320)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.207)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.150)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.211)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.139)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.116)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.132)
- Who's Who in Modern History, 1860-1980 (p.87)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.173)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.50)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.169)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2016 Soylent Communications