Poet, Chemist, Historian (19-Nov-1711 15-Apr-1765)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
B. B. Kudryavstev. The Life and Work of Mikhail Vasilyevich Lomonosov. Moscow, Russia: Foreign Languages Publishing House. 1954. 118pp.
Boris N. Menshutkin. Translated by Jeannette Eyre Thal; Edward J. Webster (from Russian, 1937). Russia's Lomonosov: Chemist, Courtier, Physicist, Poet. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press. 1952. 208pp.
G. E. Pavlova; A. S. Fedorov. Translated by Arthur Aksenov (from Russian, 1980). Mikhail Vasilievich Lomonosov: His Life and Work. Moscow, Russia: Mir. 1984. 312pp.
Rimvydas Silbajoris (editor). Russian Versification: The Theories of Trediakovsky, Lomonosov and Kantemir. New York, New York: Columbia University Press. 1968.
G. Vasetsky. Lomonosov's Philosophy. Moscow, Russia: Progress. 1968. 276pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.910)
- European Authors 1000-1900 (p.567)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.610)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.143b)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of Foreign Literature (p.166)
- Who's Who in Europe, 1450-1750 (p.182)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.154)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications