Anthropologist, Author (3-Sep-1907 9-Jul-1977)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Andrew J. Angyal. Loren Eiseley. Boston, MA: Twayne. 1983. 153pp.
E. Fred Carlisle. Loren Eiseley: The Development of a Writer. University of Illinois Press. 1983. 199pp.
Gale E. Christianson. Fox at the Wood's Edge: A Biography of Loren Eiseley. New York, New York: Henry Holt & Co.. 1990. 517pp.
Loren Eiseley. All the Strange Hours: The Excavation of a Life. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons. 1975. 273pp.
Leslie E. Gerber; Margaret McFadden. Loren Eiseley. New York: Frederick Ungar. 1983. 183pp.
Peter Heidtmann. Loren Eiseley: A Modern Ishmael. Shoe String Press. 1991. 133pp.
Kenneth Heuer (editor). The Lost Notebooks of Loren Eiseley. Boston, MA: Little, Brown & Co.. 1987. 260pp.
Mary Ellen Pitts. Toward a Dialogue of Understandings: Loren Eiseley and the Critique of Science. Lehigh University Press. 1995. 347pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Webster's American Biographies (p.314)
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.224)
- World Authors 1950-1970 (pp.427-29)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.308)
- Celebrity Register 3rd Issue (p.154)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.217)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.111)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications