Painter (28-Aug-1833 16-Jun-1898)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Malcolm Bell. Edward Burne-Jones: A Record and Review. London and New York: George Bell and Sons. 1892. 129pp.
Georgiana Burne-Jones. Memorials of Edward Burne-Jones. 1906. (2 vols.) 309pp. + 372pp.
David Cecil. Visionary and Dreamer: Two Poetic Painters, Samuel Palmer and Edward Burne-Jones. London: Constable. 1969. 222pp.
Penelope Fitzgerald. Edward Burne-Jones: A Biography. London: Michael Joseph. 1975. 320pp.
S. Wildman S; J. Christian. Edward Burne-Jones: Victorian Artist-Dreamer. New York: The Metropolitan Museum of Art. 1998. 376pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.232)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.153)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.79)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.90)
- Atlantic: Brief Lives: A Biographical Companion to the Arts (p.111)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.37)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.69)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.70)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications