Novelist (11-Aug-1913 31-May-1991)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
S. S. Agarwalla. Angus Wilson and His Works. New Delhi, India: Mittal Publications. 1996. 202pp.
Peter Conradi. Angus Wilson. Northcote House Educational Publishers. 1997. 96pp.
C. B. Cox. The Free Spirit: A Study of Liberal Humanism in the Novels of George Eliot, Henry James, E. M. Forster, Virginia Woolf and Angus Wilson. Oxford University Press. 1963. 195pp.
Margaret Drabble. Angus Wilson: A Biography. New York, NY: St. Martin's Press, LLC. 1996.
Peter Faulkner. Angus Wilson: Mimic and Moralist. London: Secker & Warburg. 1980. 224pp.
Averil Gardner. Angus Wilson. Boston, MA: Twayne. 1985. 140pp.
Jay L. Halio. Critical Essays on Angus Wilson. Boston, MA: G. K. Hall & Co.. 1985.
Guido Kums. Fiction, or the Language of Our Discontent: A Study of the Built-In Novelist in Novels by Angus Wilson, Lawrence Durrell and Doris Lessing. Peter Lang. 1985. 245pp.
Kerry McSweeney. Four Contemporary Novelists: Angus Wilson, Brian Moore, John Fowles, V. S. Naipaul. Scolar Press. 1983. 217pp.
John Henry Stape; Anne N. Thomas. Angus Wilson: A Bibliography, 1947-1987. London: Mansell Publishing. 1988. 327pp.
Karin Wogatzky. Angus Wilson: Hemlock and After: A Study in Ambiguity. Francke Verlag. 1971. 129pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.255)
- Contemporary Novelists (pp.1373-77)
- Who's Who in Lesbian & Gay Writing (p.214)
- Twentieth Century Authors, First Supplement (p.1093)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.1118)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.758)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.518)
- Penguin Companion to the Arts in the Twentieth Century (p.198)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.557)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications