|Henry David Thoreau|
Author (12-Jul-1817 6-May-1862)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Peter J. Bellis. Writing Revolution: Aesthetics and Politics in Hawthorne, Whitman, and Thoreau. University of Georgia Press. 2003. 221pp.
Daniel B. Botkin. No Man's Garden: Thoreau and a New Vision for Civilization and Nature. Washington, DC: Island Press. 2000.
Andrew McMurry. Environmental Renaissance: Emerson, Thoreau, and the American System of Nature. University of Georgia Press. 2003. 280pp.
Taimi Olsen. Transcending Space: Architectural Places in Works by Henry David Thoreau, E. E. Cummings, and John Barth. Bucknell University Press. 1999. 145pp.
Scott Slovic. Seeking Awareness in American Nature Writing: Henry Thoreau, Annie Dillard, Edward Abbey, Wendel Berry and Barry Lopez. Salt Lake City, UT: University of Utah Press. 1992. 212pp.
Taylor Stoehr. Nay-Saying in Concord: Emerson, Alcott, and Thoreau. Hamden, CT: Archon Books. 1979.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.1116)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1455)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.1035)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.236)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.755)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.381)
- American Authors 1600-1900 (pp.747-49)
- Who's Who in Lesbian & Gay Writing (p.197)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.1023)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.731)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.482)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.685)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.1063)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.508)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.98)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.451)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications