Performance Artist, Military (26-Feb-1846 10-Jan-1917)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Robert A. Carter. Buffalo Bill Cody: The Man Behind the Legend. New York: John Wiley & Sons. 2000.
Joy S. Kasson. Buffalo Bill's Wild West: Celebrity, Memory, and Popular History. New York: Hill and Wang. 2000. 319pp.
Frank Kolars. The Long Trail: The Story of Buffalo Bill. New York: Benziger Brothers. 1960. 182pp.
Larry McMurtry. The Colonel and Little Missie: Buffalo Bill, Annie Oakley, and the Beginnings of Superstardom in America. New York: Simon & Schuster. 2005. 245pp.
Louis S. Warren. Buffalo Bill's America: William Cody and the Wild West Show. Knopf. 2005. 672pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.220)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.327)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.210)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.152)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.214)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.142)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.177)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.36)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.159)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications