|J. J. Thomson|
Physicist (18-Dec-1856 30-Aug-1940)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Per F. Dahl. Flash of the Cathode Rays: A History of J.J. Thomson's Electron. Bristol, England: Institute of Physics Pub.. 1997. 526pp.
E. A. Davis; I. J. Falconer. J.J. Thompson and the Discovery of the Electron. London: Taylor & Francis. 1997. 243pp.
George Paget Thomson. J. J. Thomson: Discoverer of the Electron. Garden City, NY: Doubleday. 1964. 215pp.
J. J. Thomson. Recollections and Reflections. London: G. Bell. 1936. 451pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.766)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.698)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1454)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.331)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.481)
- Who's Who in Modern History, 1860-1980 (p.306)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.475)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.508)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.142)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications