|John Henry Newman|
Religion (21-Feb-1801 11-Aug-1890)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
M. Jamie Ferreira. Doubt and Religious Commitment: The Role of the Will in Newman's Thought. Oxford University Press. 1980. 156pp.
Hugh A. MacDougall. The Acton/Newman Relations: The Dilemma of Christian Liberalism. Fordham University Press. 1962. 199pp.
Sean O'Faolain. Newman's Way: The Odyssey of John Henry Newman. New York: Devin-Adair. 1952. 335pp.
Paul F. Sands. The Justification of Religious Faith in Søren Kierkegaard, John Henry Newman, and William James. Gorgias Press. 2003. 312pp.
Roderick Strange. Newman and the Gospel of Christ. Oxford University Press. 1981. 179pp.
Frank Turner. John Henry Newman: The Challenge to Evangelical Religion. Yale University Press. 2002. 752pp.
Paul Vaiss (editor). From Oxford to the People: Reconsidering Newman & the Oxford Movement. Gracewing Publishing. 1996. 298pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1076)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.285)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.727)
- The Catholic Encyclopedia (vol.10, pp.794-800)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.367)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.376)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.105)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.332)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications