Author, Historian (17-Nov-1916 27-Jun-2005)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
William C. Carter (editor). Conversations with Shelby Foote. University Press of Mississippi. 1989. 276pp.
C. Stuart Chapman. Shelby Foote: A Writer's Life. University Press of Mississippi. 2003. 317pp.
James Panabaker. Shelby Foote and the Art of History: Two Gates to the City. University of Tennessee Press. 2004. 238pp.
Robert L. Phillips, Jr.. Shelby Foote: Novelist and Historian. University Press of Mississippi. 1991. 272pp.
Jay Tolson (editor). The Correspondence of Shelby Foote and Walker Percy. W. W. Norton & Co.. 1998. 310pp.
Helen White; Redding S. Sugg. Shelby Foote. Twayne. 1982. 150pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- Contemporary Novelists (pp.418-20)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.254)
- Twentieth Century Authors, First Supplement (p.332)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.244)
- Britannica Almanac 2006 (p.124)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications