|Sir William Temple|
Diplomat, Author (25-Apr-1628 27-Jan-1699)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Abel Boyer. Memoirs of the Life and Negotiations of Sir W. Temple, Bar.. W. Taylor. 1714. 424pp.
Richard Faber. The Brave Courtier, Sir William Temple. Faber and Faber. 1983. 187pp.
Clara Marburg. Sir William Temple: A Seventeenth Century "Libertin". Oxford University Press. 1932. 128pp.
G. C. Moore Smith (editor). The Letters of Dorothy Osborne to William Temple. Clarendon Press. 1928. 330pp.
Robert C. Steensma. Sir William Temple. Twayne. 1970. 164pp.
Homer E. Woodbridge. Sir William Temple: The Man and His Work. Modern Language Association of America. 1940. 361pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1440)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.375)
- British Authors Before 1800 (p.513)
- Who's Who in Europe, 1450-1750 (p.288)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.515)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications