Activist (8-Nov-1897 29-Nov-1980)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Robert Coles. Dorothy Day: A Radical Devotion. Da Capo Press. 1989.
James H. Forest. Love Is the Measure: A Biography of Dorothy Day. Paulist Press. 1986. 224pp.
Anne Klejment; Nancy L. Roberts (editors). American Catholic Pacifism: The Influence of Dorothy Day and the Catholic Worker Movement. Greenwood Publishing Group. 1996. 198pp.
Mark S. Massa. Catholics and American Culture: Fulton Sheen, Dorothy Day, and the Notre Dame Football Team. Crossroad Publishing Company. 2001. 288pp.
William D. Miller. Dorothy Day: A Biography. New York: Harper & Row. 1982. 527pp.
June O'Connor. The Moral Vision of Dorothy Day: A Feminist Perspective. Crossroad. 1991. 123pp.
Rosalie G. Riegle. Dorothy Day: Portraits by Those Who Knew Her. Orbis Books. 2006. 212pp.
Nancy L. Roberts. Dorothy Day and the Catholic Worker. SUNY Press. 1984. 226pp.
William Thorn; Phillip Runkel; Susan Mountin (editors). Dorothy Day and the Catholic Worker Movement: Centenary Essays. Marquette University Press. 2001. 615pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.271)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.170)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.395)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.262)
- Celebrity Register 3rd Issue (p.132)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.178)
- International Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.132)
- Almanac of American Women in the 20th Century (p.62)
- The Feminist Companion to Literature in English (p.272)
- Northeastern Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.152)
- Oxford Companion to Women's Writing in the United States (p.240)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications