|Albert A. Michelson|
Physicist, Inventor (19-Dec-1852 9-May-1931)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Bernard Jaffe. Michelson and the Speed of Light. Garden City, NY: Doubleday. 1960. 197pp.
Dorothy Michelson Livingston. The Master of Light: A Biography of Albert A. Michelson. New York: Scribner. 1973. 376pp.
Albert A. Michelson. Velocity of Light: The Man Who Measured the Speed of Light. University of Chicago Press. 1902. 136pp.
John Henry Wilson. Albert A. Michelson: America's First Nobel Prize Physicist. New York: J. Messner. 1958. 190pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.774)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1010)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.718)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.498)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.317)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.342)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.674)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.335)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.349)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.130)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications