Poet (28-May-1913 4-Dec-1989)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
R. Rozanne Knudson. The Wonderful Pen of May Swenson. New York: MacMillan Publishing. 1993. By the executor of Swenson's estate.
R. Rozanne Knudson; Suzzanne Bigelow. May Swenson: A Poet's Life in Photos. Logan, UT: Utah State University Press. 1996. 192pp.
Kirstin Hotelling Zona. Marianne Moore, Elizabeth Bishop, and May Swenson: The Feminist Poetics of Self-Restraint. University of Michigan Press. 2002.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.740)
- Who's Who in Lesbian & Gay Writing (p.193)
- World Authors 1950-1970 (pp.1396-98)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.998)
- The Feminist Companion to Literature in English (p.1050)
- Who's Who in Twentieth-Century World Poetry (p.313)
- Oxford Companion to Women's Writing in the United States (p.866)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications