Songwriter (2-May-1895 22-Nov-1943)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Dorothy Hart. Thou Swell, Thou Witty: The Life and Lyrics of Lorenz Hart. Harper & Row. 1976. 191pp.
Samuel Marx; Jan Clayton. Rodgers & Hart: Bewitched, Bothered, and Bedeviled: A Dual Biography. New York: Putnam. 1976.
Frederick Nolan. Lorenz Hart: A Poet on Broadway. Oxford University Press. 1994.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Harvard Concise Dictionary of Music and Musicians (p.290)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.293)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.316)
- Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians, 8th Edition (p.399)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.4, pp.256-58)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.351)
- American Songwriters (pp.313-29)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications