Religion, Doctor (c. 1511 27-Oct-1553)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Roland H. Bainton. Hunted Heretic: The Life and Death of Michael Servetus, 1511-1553. Boston, MA: Beacon Press. 1953. 270pp.
Brian K. Clardy. Michael Servetus: Intellectual Giant, Humanist and Martyr. University Press of America. 2002. 304pp.
Andrew M. T. Dibb. Servetus, Swedenborg and the Nature of God. University Press of America. 2005. 353pp.
Jerome Friedman. Michael Servetus: A Case Study in Total Heresy. Geneva, Switzerland: Droz. 1978. 154pp.
John F. Fulton; Madeleine E. Stanton. Michael Servetus: Humanist and Martyr: With a Bibliography of His Works and Census of Known Copies. New York: Herbert Reichner. 1953. 98pp.
Lawrence Goldstone; Nancy Goldstone. Out of the Flames: The Remarkable Story of Michael Servetus and One of the Rarest Books in the World. New York: Broadway Books. 2002. History of Christianismi Restitutio, three known copies.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1328)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.69c)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.448)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.617)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.435)
- Who's Who in Europe, 1450-1750 (p.269)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.472)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2015 Soylent Communications