Composer (29-Jun-1911 24-Dec-1975)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Graham Donald Bruce. Bernard Herrmann: Film Music and Narrative. UMI Research Press. 1985. 248pp.
Edward Johnson. Bernard Herrmann, Hollywood's Music-Dramatist: A Biographical Sketch with a Filmography, Catalogue of Works, Discography and Bibliography. Triad Press. 1977. 60pp.
Steven C. Smith. A Heart at Fire's Center: The Life and Music of Bernard Herrmann. University of California Press. 2002. 429pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- The Film Encyclopedia, 5th Edition (p.643)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.306)
- The Encyclopedia of Film (p.254)
- The Encyclopedia of Hollywood (p.195)
- The New Biographical Dictionary of Film (p.394)
- The Oxford Dictionary of Music (p.402)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.331)
- Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians, 8th Edition (p.420)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.234)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications