Poet (1-Mar-1920 5-Jul-1991)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Julia A. Bartholomay. The Shield of Perseus: The Vision and Imagination of Howard Nemerov. Gainesville, FL: University of Florida Press. 1972.
Bowie Duncan (editor). The Critical Reception of Howard Nemerov: A Selection of Essays and a Bibliography. Metuchen, NJ: Scarecrow Press. 1971. 216pp.
Ross Labrie. Howard Nemerov. Boston, MA: Twayne. 1980.
Peter Meinke. Howard Nemerov. University of Minnesota Press. 1968. 48pp.
William Mills. The Stillness in Moving Things: The World of Howard Nemerov. Memphis, TN: Memphis State University Press. 1975. 145pp.
Donna L. Potts. Howard Nemerov and Objective Idealism: The Influence of Owen Barfield. University of Missouri Press. 1994. 107pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- Contemporary Novelists (pp.931-33)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.527)
- Twentieth Century Authors, First Supplement (p.708)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.722)
- Who's Who in World Jewry 1965 (p.698)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.531)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.366)
- Who's Who in Twentieth-Century World Poetry (p.230)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.11)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications