Film Director, Actor (born 28-Jun-1926)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Bill Adler; Jeffrey Feinman. Mel Brooks: The Irreverent Funnyman. Chicago, IL: Playboy. 1976. 190pp.
Robert Alan Crick. The Big Screen Comedies of Mel Brooks. McFarland & Company. 2002. 269pp.
William Holtzman. Seesaw: A Dual Biography of Ann Bancroft and Mel Brooks. New York: Doubleday. 1979. 300pp.
Frank Manchel. The Box-Office Clowns: Bob Hope, Jerry Lewis, Mel Brooks, Woody Allen. New York: Franklin Watts. 1979. 120pp.
James Robert Parish. It's Good to Be the King: The Seriously Funny Life of Mel Brooks. John Wiley and Sons. 2008. 336pp.
Neil Sinyard. The Films of Mel Brooks. New York: Exeter Books. 1987. 95pp.
Nick Smurthwaite; Paul Gelder. Mel Brooks and the Spoof Movie. Proteus Publishing Company. 1983. 128pp.
Maurice Yacowar. Method in Madness: The Comic Art of Mel Brooks. New York, NY: St. Matin's Press. 1981. 193pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- The Film Encyclopedia, 5th Edition (p.189)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.98)
- Penguin Companion to the Arts in the Twentieth Century (p.223)
- Cassell Companion to Cinema (p.79)
- Quinlan's Illustrated Registry of Film Stars (p.68)
- Chambers Film and TV Handbook (p.47)
- The Encyclopedia of Film (p.82)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.63)
- Celebrity Register 5th Issue (p.63)
- Contemporary North American Directors (pp.59-61)
- The Encyclopedia of Hollywood (p.60)
- The New Biographical Dictionary of Film (p.113)
- The Hollywood.com Guide to Film Directors (pp.108-11)
- Les Brown's Encyclopedia of Television (p.75)
- The International Who's Who 2001 (p.217)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.73)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.1, pp.365-67)
- The New York Times Encyclopedia of Television (p.56)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.34)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.333)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2017 Soylent Communications