|James M. Cain|
Novelist (1-Jul-1892 27-Oct-1977)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
James M. Cain; Roy Hoopes (Editor). 60 Years of Journalism. Bowling Green, OH: Bowling Green University Popular Press. 1985. 240pp.
Richard Fine. James M. Cain and the American Authors' Authority. Austin, TX: University of Texas Press. 1992. 286pp.
François Guerif. James M. Cain: Biographie. Paris, France: Séguier. 1992. 306pp.
Roy Hoopes. Cain: The Biography of James M. Cain. New York, NY: Henry Holt & Company. 1982. 684pp.
David Madden. James M. Cain. New York: Twayne. 1970. 200pp.
Paul Skenazy. James M. Cain. New York: Continuum Publishing/Frederick Ungar. 1989. 203pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.245)
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.40)
- Contemporary Novelists (pp.215-18)
- Twentieth Century Authors (p.235)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.116)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.160)
- Celebrity Register 3rd Issue (p.84)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.111)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.84)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.39)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.3)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications