Film Director (born 15-Sep-1946)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Frank Eugene Beaver. Oliver Stone: Wakeup Cinema. Maxwell Macmillan International. 1994. 243pp.
Norman Kagan. The Cinema of Oliver Stone. Roundhouse. 1995. 285pp.
Robert Kolker. A Cinema of Loneliness. Oxford University Press. 2000. 484pp. Covering Penn, Stone, Kubrick, Scorsese, Spielberg, and Altman.
Don Kunz. The Films of Oliver Stone. Scarecrow Press. 1997. 307pp.
James Riordan. Stone: The Controversies, Excesses, and Exploits of a Radical Filmmaker. New York: Hyperion. 1995. 573pp.
Robert Brent Toplin (editor). Oliver Stone's USA: Film, History, and Controversy. University Press of Kansas. 2003. 336pp.
- Edward Snowden's Long, Strange Journey to Hollywood
Oliver Stone wanted a hit -- and the chance to put America’s most iconic dissident onscreen. The subject wanted veto power. The Russian lawyer wanted someone to option the novel he'd written. The American lawyer just wanted the whole insane project to go away. Somehow a film got made.
by Irina Eleksander. The New York Times Magazine, 30-Aug-2016.
- Oliver Stone Rewrites History -- Again
by Andrew Goldman. The New York Times Magazine, 22-Nov-2012.
- Official Website: http://www.oliverstone.com/
- Twitter: @TheOliverStone
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- The Film Encyclopedia, 5th Edition (p.1346)
- Cassell Companion to Cinema (p.533)
- Chambers Film and TV Handbook (p.322)
- The Encyclopedia of Film (p.517)
- Contemporary North American Directors (pp.444-46)
- The Encyclopedia of Hollywood (p.407)
- The New Biographical Dictionary of Film (p.838)
- The Hollywood.com Guide to Film Directors (pp.824-28)
- The St. James Encyclopedia of Film Directors (pp.494-98)
- Celebrity Register 5th Issue (p.527)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.703)
- Britannica Almanac 2006 (p.109)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.4, p.543)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.340)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2017 Soylent Communications