Novelist (6-Dec-1888 29-Mar-1957)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Michael J. C. Echeruo. Joyce Cary and the Dimensions of Order. London: Macmillan. 1979. 175pp.
Malcolm Foster. Joyce Cary: A Biography. Boston: Houghton Mifflin. 1968. 555pp.
M. M. Mahood. Joyce Cary's Africa. London: Methuen. 1964. 206pp.
Andrew Wright. Joyce Cary: A Preface to His Novels. London: Chatto & Windus. 1958. 186pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.126)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.46)
- Twentieth Century Authors, First Supplement (p.177)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.174)
- Obituaries from the Times 1951-1960 (pp.131-32)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.93)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.92)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.44)
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.130)
- A Dictionary of 20th Century World Biography (Oxford) (p.109)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.18)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications