Columnist (23-Apr-1834 6-Mar-1867)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
James C. Austin. Artemus Ward. New York: Twayne. 1964. 141pp.
Edward P. Hingston. The Genial Showman: Being Reminiscences of the Life of Artemus Ward. New York: Harper & Brothers. 1870. 155pp.
John J. Pullen. Comic Relief: The Life and Laughter of Artemus Ward, 1834-1867. Shoe String Press. 1983. 202pp.
Don C. Seitz. Artemus Ward: A Biography and Bibliography. New York and London: Harper & Bros.. 1919. 338pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- Webster's American Biographies (p.144)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.318)
- American Authors 1600-1900 (p.109)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.104)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.50)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.1094)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.95)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.505)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.72)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.115)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications